Another way to present the 9 types of intelligence as exemplified by my How Do We Measure Intelligence post.
The basic idea is that different people are good at different things. These 9 probably don’t cover the wide range of smarts we all possess, but it’s a start.
As Albert Einstein said, ”Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
| Embark |
A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step. - Lao Tzu
One day after the #lunarnewyear I begin a new #journey and return to the world of #martialarts #training #silat - This time, it’s in the #ancient #powerful #Indonesian #art known as #Poekoelan taught by incredible instructors @onewithheart
It’s ready! I’ve mentioned a few times that I’ve been working on this and I’m happy to say it’s ready.
Self Defense Starter Guide
how to get started teaching a self-defense class
Often, martial artists are asked to teach self-defense. That’s what happened to me some time ago. And of course, we all want to do a good job. We want our information to be good, we want to teach effectively, we want to be forces of positivity and support in our communities, we don’t want to alienate victims. But where to start?
This book is not meant to be a guide to self defense but rather a shit-ton of resources and primers on how to get started. Everything is backed up by reputable source material so you can see for yourself and make your own judgments.
- In-depth explanations of important concepts surrounding self-defense such as victim-blaming and sexual assault myths.
- Cited research and statistics that support teaching self-defense
- Not just women’s self-defense! Includes content relevant to a variety of groups including men and those with disabilities.
- Two sample self-defense classes complete with descriptions of physical resistance techniques
- Bonus sections on how to teach large groups, and answer all those What If questions
- Print-ready guides for training volunteers
- Customizable self defense seminar advertisement flier! Just fill it in.
The guide is free and considered version 1.0. I plan to continue to add to it as I learn more and field critique.
This is a free .pdf. Donations welcome.
Aang’s all grown up
I really enjoyed this.
Our portrayals of adult Aang up to this point had always been so serious. We though this was a perfect opportunity to show that deep down he was still the same fun-loving trickster. P.S. Ryu drew both of these, something like 9 years apart!